Monday, August 27, 2018

Friday, August 24, 2018
8:43 am to 9:06 am
by Scott McLean

finger-rolled
my way
to outer space
wasn't sure that
I could get there
past the outer place
she left me
she won the race
I wasn't running
Love ain't no fun run
I'm out of air
winded, back to
the woman driving away

heart side
of the dark
ness, but don't say
bless, gosh my OH
there's nothing I'd
like to know, a-Ho
no, my still life
crosses the finish
lines intersect
rarely continue parallel
i collect memories
like the trading cards
few are well-centered
or in mint condition
without  morning coffee
i'm feeling amorphous
and emotionally
sprawling out all over
like a metropolis
i think my brain
is also a victim of
urban chaos
but that's to prove
love doesn't have
a building plan
other than
turning what was
a happening

Note:
at
9:04 am
my clock
(8:50 am
 kitchen clock)
I decided to end it
there. I couldn't think
of the right words to end it
and think this is more original
with no ending.
Note: "finger-rolled my way
           to outer space was a reference
           to playing piano a few minutes
           earlier this morning.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment