Wednesday, February 5, 2014

"Every Flavor Of The Wave" by Scott McLean

"Every Flavor Of The Wave"
by Scott McLean - singer, songwriter

I recorded this on Sunday night, February 2, 2014 and I don't know, was it around 11 p.m. I'm not singing to myself though it could seem that way and it's a rather funny video. Actually, I was trying to put my picture up so I wouldn't be seen while I was singing but wound up with both the picture and me singing.

Some songs I like include "You'll Never Find Another Love Like Mine" by Lou Rawls, "Street Life" by Randy Crawford and The Crusaders, Chet Baker's recording of "My Funny Valentine", "Look What I Got" by Betty Carter, "Sweet Love" by Anita Baker, and of course The Doobie Brothers "Black Water" and many of other songs by them. I don't have any personal connection and I don't sound like them in my own songs, I'm just happy I like those songs and many more, and I like to do my own singing styles. Truthfully, I almost hurt the outside of my neck trying to sing high notes like one female R&B/Soul singer so if I do covers I'm going to have to be more careful.